As we were driving over, I asked them if they were excited and they said "no." but I think they were excited! I know Abby was for sure. And Tom, well, he just wanted to play with the toys.
Here is a photo of Tom on the way to preschool.

Here is a photo of Abby on the way to preschool. Pardon the photography. Abby sits behind me in the car, and I was probably driving at this point. I think I just put the camera over the back of my head and shot this image.

So we arrived a few minutes early and all the parents were outside with their kids. Tom and Abby stood silent on the driveway, holding my hands and their back packs, just taking it all in. One of the moms commented on Abby's hair. I had it in two braids, Abby's request, and she asked "how on earth did you get her to sit still for that?!" honestly, how Abby wears her hair is up to her, I ask her what she wants and she decides every morning, usually pig tails or braids. If I use any mousse Tom gets jealous and asks for some mousse in his hair too. This morning was no exception.
We kinda waited in line as they opened the preschool doors (it's at a residential house) and walked slowly toward the back of the room where they have cubby holes for each kid to place their back pack. Tom said "here you hold this, I want to play!" But I made him find his cubby first and put his own back pack away. Then I took them both to the leggos that were spread on the floor and they didn't even look at me. They were so interested in the toys they didn't know where to start first! So...I just...left. Weird.
When I went to pick Tom and Abby up, they didn't exactly jump into my arms. They were quiet and I learned Tom did not take part in the finger painting project. The teacher said if it had been anything other than arts and crafts she would have to talk to me. Yikes! But she totally understood that he is warming up and just likes to watch things at first. Apparently Abby jumped into every activity first and I think they both had fun. Although when I asked Tom if he had a good time he said, "No." And that was it. Since I'm a control freak it's a little hard to not watch them while they're at preschool. I usually get a play by play from my mom when she watches the twins, so to just get "they did fine" was a little unsatisfying. But I guess they did just that, fine. And we'll go again next Tuesday!
Here's a shot of the twins as we returned home. They were not amused that I wanted to photograph them. Ahhhh! The paparazzi just won't quit! Crazy, crazy mom.

I have recently been accused of being a photo fiend and you know what? I think I am! As this photo is a photo of a photo. What will I think of next?

And now Abby's masterpiece! I dated it and put it in a special folder. They get to make arts and crafts every single day at preschool!

And last but not least, a short video clip taken on the way home:

No comments:
Post a Comment