
I asked him why he moved his chair.
Because I didn't want to be near the fireplace.
Oh? Why's that?
Because I wasn't sure if the bees inside were real or decoration bees.
So it's true, I have these dead bees in my fireplace. I've actually discovered they are not bees they are wasps or something. If I hadn't used my fireplace in July, yes, JULY like middle of the summer JULY, I wouldn't have dead bees in my fireplace.
What happened was, the month after I moved here (two and a half years ago) I had a friend visiting. I was showing her around the place and I got all excited to show her my fake fireplace. It even gives off a good deal of heat we learned. We settled into the living room and started to talk. I flipped the switch and poof! There goes my fake fire place all warm and toasty in JULY! We talked some more, started to get hot and turned it off. Then I noticed them. The bees! (or wasps, or whatever)
Apparently they had been making a home way up in my flue so when I turned the fireplace on, the heat killed them and down they came! I immediately called pest control and had the guy at Clark busting a gut on the other end of the phone, first because I was so frightened and second because I was using my fireplace in JULY! So now There are six or seven bee carcasses clearly visible in the fireplace window as they have been for 2.5 years. I don't know how to open the front of the fireplace to clean them out, so there they sit.

From now on I'm going to tell people they are my decoration bees.

2 comments:
That is too funny. Tom is so interested in the insect facts in books we have read but does not want to be too close to the real thing. I thought you were going to tell me that he was making room for the Christmas tree.
Hahaha! "Decoration bees"- so y'all have had the "that's decorations..." discussions a bit too? lol. I thought he was moving it closer to the Christmas tree, and then I thought he was moving it so Santa had more room to get down the chimney...you two definitely got me on that one! :P
&ee
Post a Comment