Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tom and Abby: Then and Now

Questions answered about me, by my 4 year old twins in March 2009, and again when they were 8 years old in May 2013. 

1. What is something mom always says to you?

March 2009 TOM: "I love you."
May 2013 TOM: "Mmm." *laugh* "I love you so much?"

March 2009 ABBY: "Hurry up."
May 2013 ABBY: "Um,......... I love you?"

2. What makes mom happy?

March 2009 TOM: "By doing her a favor"
May 2013 TOM: long pause...pulling at chin.... "hmmm....." *shurgs shoulders* "I can't explain it. I know what makes you happy. I just can't put it in words."

March 2009 ABBY: "If we clean up."
May 2013 ABBY: "Doing what she likes."

3. What makes mom sad?

March 2009 TOM: "When all the time that I hit her.
May 2013 TOM: "Not listening." under his breath..."Definitely!"

March 2009 ABBY: "If we don't clean up."
May 2013 ABBY: "Doing what mom doesn't like."

4. How does your mom make you laugh?

March 2009 TOM: "By telling me a joke."
May 2013 TOM: "Ummmm.... I don't know, I can't put that one into words either. Making me laugh? Kinda hearing you laugh. I don't know why but it kinda does."

March 2009 ABBY: "By doing a funny word."
May 2013 ABBY: "She says funny things."

5. What was your mom like as a child?

March 2009 TOM: "A kid like me."
May 2013 TOM: *deep breath* "Tiny?" *big laugh*

March 2009 ABBY: "I don't know."
May 2013 ABBY: "Mmmmmmm Hmmmmmm.......Patient."

6.How old is mom?

March 2009 TOM: "I don't know that one. That's too hard for me."
May 2013 TOM: "Oh." *hand to mouth* "Thirty-something....37?"

March 2009 ABBY: "13"
May 2013 ABBY: *laughs* ...pause, "Uh 32?"

7. How tall is your mom?

March 2009 TOM: "Pretty tall."
May 2013 TOM: "Five foot four I think. I actually think that.

March 2009 ABBY: "As big as the curtains."
May 2013 ABBY: "5 feet."

8. What is her favorite thing to do?

March 2009 TOM: "Watch TV"
May 2013 TOM: "Go on Facebook and type." *laughs* "I wouldn't know what that was when I was four. That probably was not my answer. Of course I didn't know what facebook was back then."

March 2009 ABBY: "Type."
May 2013 ABBY: "Spend time with her family.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?

March 2009 TOM: "Can it be when she's sick and we're not around or can it be when she's not sick and we're not around? She lies in bed when she's sick and we're not here."
May 2013 TOM: "Shop and type."

March 2009 ABBY: "She stays home."

May 2013 ABBY: "Try and amuse herself without me."

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

March 2009 TOM: "We don't know."
May 2013 TOM: "What will it be for? Like what would you be famous about? Um.... *long pause* "Maybe typing the most words in a minute. What was my answer when I was four?"

March 2009 ABBY: "She'll be so beautiful."
May 2013 ABBY: "Eh, can you repeat that?.... hmmm..." *long pause* "For really having expression in things!"

11. What is your mom really good at?

March 2009 TOM: "That's a good question."
May 2013 TOM: "Really good at? Hmmmmmm You're really good at..." *belly laugh* "Shopping, washing the dishes, typing, and doing the laundry. Four things."

March 2009 ABBY: "Writing our names."
May 2013 ABBY: "Taking care of me."

12. What is your mom not very good at?

March 2009 TOM: "I know! I know! I know! She's not very good at changing the clocks or watches."
May 2013 TOM: "Not very good at? Ummmmm... what are you not very good at? Figuring stuff out on the computer when you think it's broken down. Oh wait, you're also very good at breaking computers cause one time dad said, "Oh, I've never seen this before." on a computer that dad used every day!"

March 2009 ABBY: "Writing Dad's name."
May 2013 ABBY: "Running."

13. What does your mom do for her job?

March 2009 TOM: *laughs* "She doesn't do jobs! Does she?"
May 2013 TOM *gulp* "Write gulp....and you typed write gulp, right? Um, what was the question? Uh, you don't really have a job. But other than that, take care of us."

March 2009 ABBY: "She does her machines."
May 2013 ABBY: *laughs* ...pause.... "Stay at home."

14. What is your mom's favorite food?

March 2009 TOM: "Oh. I think I know. I can't tell. I don't know."
May 2013 TOM: "Mmmmm that's a tough one. Mashed potatoes? Not quite sure on that one."

March 2009 ABBY: "Burrito."
May 2013 ABBY: "Hmmm...." pause..."Hmmmm.... I don't know."

15. What makes you proud of your mom?

March 2009 TOM: "When she does something nice for me."
May 2013 TOM: "If she figures out something that made her computer broken."

March 2009 ABBY: "If she does nice things for us."
May 2013 ABBY: "For how much she does for us."

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

March 2009 TOM: "A mom."
May 2013 TOM: "The typewriter guy. Somebody that just works the typewriter. I'm thinking old fashioned here."

March 2009 ABBY: "Bob the Builder."
May 2013 ABBY: "Hmmmm." pause... "Hmmmmmm." *swivels in desk chair*  "I can't see her being anyone. Hmph."

17. What do you and your mom do together?

March 2009 TOM: "You mean, her and me and Abby do together? I think I know this one. We go to the park a lot of times."
May 2013 TOM: "This one's definitely going to be different than Abby's (answer). It might be watch movies? What did Abby put?"

March 2009 ABBY: "Ask questions together."
May 2013 ABBY: "Shopping!"

18. How are you and your mom the same?

March 2009 TOM: "No."
May 2013 TOM "Hmmm We both like math, we both have blue eyes. Hmmm. Well, hmmm" *tilts head* "We kinda have the same sense of humor. Kinda."

March 2009 ABBY: "Because we have the same toothbrushes."
May 2013 ABBY: *huge smile* long pause... "We like some of the same things."

19. How are you and your mom different?
March 2009 TOM: "Cause we wear different clothes. She doesn't wear small clothes. She wears big clothes. And I don't wear big clothes. I wear small clothes. That's a long answer, huh?"
May 2013 TOM: "She's got a different color hair and... she's older." *laughs* "That's probably not what Abby put."

March 2009 ABBY: "Because she's big and I'm mostly as big as her."
May 2013 ABBY: "We don't like some of things that each other likes."

20. How do you know your mom loves you?

March 2009 TOM: "Cause she has a heart in her tummy."
May 2013 TOM: "She says it a lot and I have a feeling she really does."

March 2009 ABBY: "Because she does nice things for me."
May 2013 ABBY: *smile* "Because she says she does every day and she shows that she does every day."

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?

March 2009 TOM: "I think i know." *jumps up and down* "To the store! That's a good one, huh?"
May 2013 TOM: "PF Chang's. You like it there."

March 2009 ABBY: "To Teriyaki."
May 2013 ABBY: long pause... "I don't know."

22. The best things your mom cooks?

March 2009 TOM: "Oh, I know. Yummy, yummy, yummy!" *rubs belly* "Duck Toast." (note: duck toast is cinnamon and sugar toast cut in the shape of a duck with a cookie cutter.)
May 2013 TOM: (having been told how he answered 4 years ago... ) *rubs belly in circles* "Yummy yummy bread." (this time it's just plain bread and butter)

March 2009 ABBY: "PB&J"
May 2013 ABBY: "Hamburger Helper."

2 comments:

Tamiko said...

Aww! My favorite is the answer for "How do you know your mom loves you?"

So sweet!!

Amy said...

awwww love these answers!!!