Monday, March 25, 2013

Pre-Easter Brunch

We had an usually busy weekend.

Fist we had a lazy Saturday morning, just the way I like it. I haven't been sleeping well (thank you Cipro insomnia) so I get about 4 hours and then I toss and turn the rest of the night. I like to try and get a nap in before lunch so I can handle the rest of the day but that usually means I'm not showered and ready to go anywhere before 2pm.

Tom's game was at 3:00pm on Saturday. His first game in competitive soccer. We were clearly out matched as most of their kid are as tall as Tom, or taller and most of our kids are smaller than Abby! Yes, Tom plays with mostly 6 year olds in their first year of soccer. They are by far the most talented six year olds I have ever seen, but they don't match up to 8 year olds, that's for sure.

For the second half Tom was put in goalie. I think he likes the challenge there, especially when we have poor defense and a strong opponent. It gives him a lot to do!

Poor guy had to suffer through his first PK though. He did an amazing job, which kinda proves the reflexes of an 8 year old vs an adult really are different. Basically during a penalty kick, it's just the goalie and the kicker head on. The goalie chooses to lean to the left or lean to the right. Well Tom was able to read the ball was going to his right, so he got that part, he just barely missed swatting that shot from going in though. Breaks my heart. I don't think he minds though. Here's the awesome sequence of photography events Paul took during the shot.









On Sunday we had Easter brunch at the Shaws house. We all brought eggs for the hunt and the kids were eager to go! After being stuffed with french toast casserole, fruit salad and m&m pancakes they were ready to hunt for eggs! Here's a (quick) shot that lasted about 5 minutes, three cameras and lots of "say cheese". It's the best we got.

Here they are in age order:
Tom 8.5y, Abby 8.5y, Ian 7.5 y, Ryan 4.5 y, Lexie 4.5y, Tyler 3y, Dylan 5mo


We were missing Lexi's sibling, Andrew who is 1. But other than that, a complete head count! Now that we all have two kids the get togethers get even more rambunctious. 

Happy Easter!  I hope the bunny brings you happiness! (chocolate! and more chocolate!)

No comments: