Tuesday, February 22, 2011

When Can We Eat the Snow?

Tom and Abby were treated to a vacation in Lake Tahoe by their Godmother, Michelle and her husband Charles. Paul and I went along for the ride, along with our college buddy, Amy and her 2 year old, Ella.

The weather couldn't have been more perfect for sledding. Since it hadn't snowed in weeks, the snow was a bit icy, which made for some hard landings, but that didn't stop the Telford Twins! We did some sledding the day we arrived and we did some more at Squaw Creek on the second day. We also had a nice Italian dinner out at Lanza's. Too bad they're not a chain, the food is good!

I spent a lot of time sitting because I didn't tolerate the elevation well at all with these old lungs. I had to be on oxygen 24x7, which meant I had to tote around the concentrator with me. I was also very sick on IVs so I had meds around the clock. While I was sitting enjoying my hot chocolate at Squaw Creek, Abby got treated to a sleigh ride from Michelle and Charles! Michelle asked the driver to stop in the middle of the route so Abby could get out and enjoy the fresh untouched powder. She jumped out of the sleigh and squealed, "I wish Tom could see this!" He was busy sledding at the time. The powder was nearly up to her thighs! She loved it. She got to feed the horse and drive the sleigh as well.

Every single day the twins kept asking "When can we eat the snow?" Our standard answer was if it's white, you can eat it. Well, to be honest, the snow was so packed it was hard to eat. Well on the third and final day the twins got a treat. Fresh snow!








And here's the gang:


No comments: