Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Dance! Dance! Dance!


Abby started dance class yesterday! Over the summer she repeatedly scolded me by saying, "Mom, how am I ever going to be a dance class teacher when I grow up if I don't learn to dance?" So we buckled down and enrolled her in the fall session of "Intro II" which is a tap/ballet combo at Elite Studio of Dance.

There are only 3 other little girls in her class, which I think is great. That means more one on one time with the instructor. I've been told Sandy Gomez is the best tap teacher for little kids in Elk Grove! I hope it's true because by the looks of things yesterday we have a long road to go.

Abby did great following directions. It's so great to see her really enjoying something she is passionate about. She's so passionate that she dances like no one is watching... a little bit like Elaine Benes, if I do say so myself.

At one point the girls were kicking their way across the dance floor. They were all lined up, strutting one leg in front of the other with a high kick. Well, Abby was much faster than the little girl in front of her and she eventually gave her a good kick in the butt. I'm just glad they were wearing ballet slippers and not those tough tap shoes! That's when Abby got moved into her own kicking lane across the stage. *sigh*


4 comments:

Amy said...

Awwwww that's so cute!!!!!! She looks adorable in her leotard :)

Hannah said...

Go Abbi!!! I'm a dance teacher and I think its the best job ever! I'm looking forward to all the future post about classes and recitals! Break a leg!

Tamiko said...

So cute!! I wanted to grow up and be a dance teacher, too. I was SO into my jazz, tap, and ballet classes! Took them from 5-15 years old, and then was on dance team in high school! :)

The Mantha Family said...

She is ADORABLE!!! I hope you post some movies of her dancing. I'd love to see that!