Thursday, September 30, 2010

Carroll Elementary Read-A-Thon

Do you remember going to the school library when you were little? Do you remember being excited to check out books and bring them home? I do. And I would love for Tom and Abby to have the same experience.

Because of the lack of funds in the school district one of the positions cut last year was the school librarian at Carroll Elementary. No child at this school has been able to check out a book since March 2010 when the librarian was cut from the staff. It's such a shame for all those brand new books to sit and gather dust for months on end.

Carroll Elementary is determined to do something about this! Next Wednesday, October 6 the entire school is participating in a Read-A-Thon from 8:30am to 10:30am. Tom and Abby are seeking one time pledges to help raise funds for a librarian's salary.

If you think you can help, even just a little bit, please send a check to Tom and Abby this weekend! If you don't have our address, just ask.

Make checks payable to: Carroll Elementary PTA

If snail mail is not your speed, you can choose to send the money directly to our paypal account and we will write the check for you! It's that easy!











Wouldn't it be great if Tom and Abby could each fill in every line on their pledge sheets with you generous donors? If every one of my friends and family on facebook pledged just $5 we would be able to collect over $1,300 for the school! That would be amazing.

2 comments:

Amy said...

reading is my favorite hobby and I am appalled that they cut the librarian!!!!! What is your paypal address and I will send some dough over. I am out of checks and switching banks so snail mail just won't work for me.

The Mantha Family said...

I'm going to send you a check today - I'm a little behind.