Tuesday, August 03, 2010

A New Bunk Beginning

Saturday was the year's most anticipated BBQ. The annual Dairyville Pez Gathering. Tina is so nice to open up her home each year to about 100 Pezheads looking for a place to gather, sell and collect Pez.

On Friday night Abby was inhaling her hot dog. I asked her what the hurry was and she yelled, "I just want this day to be OVER so I can buy Pez tomorrow!"

Tom and Abby are becoming quite the collectors! They each had $10 to spend. I made sure to bring singles because I knew they would most likely be buying 50¢ and $1 pieces. They took their time choosing exactly the pieces they wanted to add to their collection. It was quite the process.

On Sunday Paul put together the twins brand new bunk beds! They were so excited and participated for most of the 3 hour assembly. They ran around the house collecting ball caps and sun hats so they could pretend to wear "hard hats" while they were helping Dad with the construction. They also snapped a bunch of pictures of the process.





And here is the final product.


When I was picking the beds out online I brought Abby into the room and asked her which bed would be hers. She pointed to the bottom bunk. Then I asked Tom the same question and he pointed to the top bunk. We thought that issue was settled. As they were tucked into bed on Sunday night Abby was practically in tears because NOW she wants the top bunk. I have a feeling we are going to have to do a monthly rotation or something to be fair. That's not going to make Tom happy!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wonderful bunk bed.

The Mantha Family said...

I love the bed! Where did you get it from? And it is cute that they have their own Pez collection on the wall in their room.