Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Learning to Swim

Tom and Abby took swim lessons in early May. I think it may have paid off. Though I wouldn't sign them up for Olympic training just yet, it's a simple accomplishment that they enjoy getting their faces wet this year. I'm no fortune teller, but I see many summer afternoons spent swimming in this little backyard pool!

In case you're interested in the details, we got the 48"x18' Intex Easy Set Pool. I assumed that was going to mean a 4' deep pool, but in reality, it is only 3' deep. I think because of the outward contour of the pool as it fills, it loses a whole foot in water depth. It suits our little fish just fine though!

1 comment:

The Mantha Family said...

Now that is cool! I love that you guys got a pool for your backyard. It seems like Tom and Abby are the perfect age for it. And Tom really likes you videoing him - that is awesome! I have to force Ashley to let me take a video of her.