Saturday, April 24, 2010

Snow Play!

I uploaded 5 very short new videos from our snow play day today at Yuba Gap Sno Park in CA.






All in all the twins had a blast. They did not want to leave. We spent about 3 hours in the 55 degree sunshine on top of a snowy mountain. It was a gorgeous day to play in the snow. I had a really hard time keeping up with the kids so I mostly stood and watched. I stayed at the top of the hill and helped them get onto their sleds a lot.

Of course at 5,800 feet I needed my oxygen tank. Boy was the air thin up there! At one point Paul and the twins climbed even higher to the fresh soft snow to build a snowman. It took me about 20 minutes to get to the same spot that took them about two. I had to stop and try and catch my breath about 10 different times. Paul finally pulled me up the rest of the way. The powder was so fresh at the top we sank nearly up to our thighs walking through it.

We ended our day with a trip to a furniture store. How's that for a weird combo? We sat on about 50 different couches. I think we may have found a winner. Details to come...

PS It's not the $3,000 red leather masterpiece Tom is begging for.

4 comments:

Amy said...

your kids are so stinking cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chipmunk Chatter said...

That looks like so much fun! Sorry we couldn't join you today. Next time you go we will go for sure.

The Mantha Family said...

Tom is funny - he was punching the snow and then said it was the happiest day of his life. Very cute movies!

spidercrunch said...

TelfordEdgmond, ShropshireShropshireNewport, ShropshireTibberton, ShropshireRoden, ShropshireDonnington, ShropshireOsbaston, Telford and WrekinWorfieldWellington, ShropshireTelford and WrekinTelford United F.C.ShrewsburyShropshire CouncilDawleyOakengatesTelford Shopping CentreTelford Steam

http://www.gamesiteuk.x10hosting.com/1/Telford