Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Telford Twins Feb 2010 Update

February is already a short month, but add two sick kids and a sick mom for weeks and it's just a blur. Tom and Abby's cold brought on severe ear infections for them. They were sick for weeks and part of the fun was hearing loss. Some of the hearing loss brought some great stories about miscommunication.

For example, when Tom returned to school he jumped into the car on the way home and was so excited to share what he learned. It went a little like this:

Tom: "Mom! Guess what?! Did you know there are fifteen stars on the American flag because we have fifteen states?"
Me: "Ms. W said there are fifty stars on the flag, not fifteen." As I try and annunciate as well as I can for the hard of hearing in the back seat.
Tom: "NO! She said FIFTEEN!"
Me: "No, Tom, she said fifty."
Tom: "NO! She said FIFTEEN. How do YOU know anyway? Did YOU count them?!"

And then he scowled at me in the rear view mirror the whole way home. He didn't say another word.

Abby had similar stories that went a little like this:

One morning she had just gotten up with 105 degree fever and pneumonia and I asked her if she wanted a straw cup so she could sit on the couch and drink her juice instead of having breakfast right away. She stared at me blankly. I asked again and she stares at me and in total and complete honesty says, "Yes, I would like to watch a movie."

We did manage to have some fun adventures in February, like a trip to see Disney on Ice World's of Fantasy Tour and Tom losing his very first tooth!

For pictures from February 2010 click HERE.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Tara they are just adorable!!!!! I hope everyone is feeling better, including you!!!!