Wednesday, March 17, 2010

On My Way Home!

Fingers crossed, I get to bust out of club med on Friday! That will be an 11 day stay. I still have a long way to go. My FEV1 on Monday was 1.12 Liters (36%). I'm sure I'll have one more check before I leave here on Friday. I hope it goes up from there. My goal is at least 1.4 liters by the end of this IV round.

This hospital stay has flown by in some ways and dragged in others. It surprised me that I was as sick as I was and to have to go from feeling short of breath, getting an xray, to being told you are being admitted the next day, well, that's never happened to me before. I had no idea I was that sick with pneumonia.

I'll be glad to be outtta here there because the last three nights I've had nurses that just won't leave me alone! I swear they stand by my door in their yellow precaution gowns and wait for me to get up at pee at 2 in the morning so they can burst into my room, turn on the light and ask me how many times I peed and if they can take my vitals. I usually throw them out and tell them I'm SLEEPING and I have ORDERS in my chart to LEAVE ME ALONE! It's pretty annoying. I hadn't had any problems with this up until the last three nights. So I've been exhausted during the day because I get up to pee about 4 times a night, thank you antibiotics and I'm interrupted several times during the night with questions and such.

Overall it's relaxing to be here because I don't have to take care of the kids, but I miss them. Oh, I miss them so much! They are coming home from Grandma's tomorrow and I will be home around the same time I hope. We'll see. My orders have already been written, so my goal is to be home with my IV meds in hand for my 3pm treatment. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

The Mantha Family said...

That is great news Tara - I hope you can get home on schedule! Maybe you should bring a padlock to lock your door so the nurses can't get in. :-)

Chipmunk Chatter said...

Yay! I am glad you get to go home.

Kara said...

YEAH! I was just going to email you to see if you needed visitors when I get home this weekend. Fingers crossed all goes as you hope... and we'll plan our next get-together over tacos or (something more fun than IVs:))