Monday, February 22, 2010

Three weeks ago...

Let's rewind to three weeks ago when somewhere, somehow Tom picked up a virus, probably from a classmate and that virus decided to wreak havoc on his body. If we could go back to that day and skip that virus, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Three weeks ago, Tom got sick. A week later, Abby got sick. A week after that, I got sick. Fantastic. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Now it's not so bad when the twins have colds. First they get runny noses then they get a cough and then poof. The cold is gone in about 7-10 days and no one is really bothered by it. Not this time.

This virus was a doozy causing secondary infections in every one of us. For me, that is to be expected. The first sign of the cold for me and I called in massive amounts of antibiotics and steroids to attempt to keep this raging bacteria in my lungs under control. And yay, it DID work! My sinuses did not fair so well, and 10 days later I'm still battling a huge infection treated with 750mg cipro twice a day. Yes, that is the dosage they give you when you have joint eating bone disorders. And it's JUST for my sinuses. Lucky me.

Aside from that, my poor poor babies. Last Monday like a light switch, Tom got an ear infection. Of course I didn't know that's what it was because I didn't bring him to the doctor until Thursday since the only symptom was a fever. Well 8 days later his antibiotics seem to be working well aside from the fact that this morning his right ear is oozing clear fluid mixed with now creamy wax. Yum. Oh, and the fun part. The hearing loss. This kid cannot hear a thing! I look directly at him and talk in a normal voice, annunciating my words and he just stares at me and then says, "WHAT?" It's almost comical.

Now for the mother of the year nomination, I sent Abby to school last Tuesday with pneumonia. She came home with 104 degree fever. Off to Urgent Care we went. After 6 days on zithromax she woke up this morning with 105.6 fever. So yeah, we're off to the doctor again this afternoon.

So my one and only question is, when will this end? I could care less about me. I'm a big girl. But my babies. They don't deserve this.

3 comments:

PxT said...

Mother of the year: meet father of the year who abandoned all of this to play with toys for four days. We're quite the pair. :)

The Mantha Family said...

I am so sorry you and the kids have been sick. I wish there was something I could do to help you guys. I hope Abby is OK.

Amy said...

:( awww Tara! Hugs to the family!