Monday, December 07, 2009

Snow Day?

So the Christmas ornaments were a huge hit! So much so that Tom took his immediately from me and started walking down the hall to his bedroom with it. When I told him it's not actually a toy, it just looks like one, and he cannot play with it or touch it because it may break he looks at me with tears in his eyes, "But mom, I had different plans for this. Is there any where else we could hang it? Like in my bedroom?" I told him it was real special and he would see it every Christmas hanging on the Christmas tree. Poor guy.

In other news the twins had a fantastic weekend. Paul and I had a date with some friend on Saturday and our babysitter had to cancel at the last minute (um... because we got her sick the week before and she still wasn't feeling well... Sorry Jean!) so we made plans to drop them off with a friend from school all evening. We dropped them off at 4:30 in their pajamas and they had a pizza, pajama and popcorn party! They had so much fun, even though it was way past their bedtime when we picked them up they were full of energy.

On Sunday they had a birthday party to go to. When I dropped them off I stayed for a couple minutes and then I went to find them to say goodbye. Their first "drop off" party! Tom looked like he was going to cry. Abby could have cared less. I assured Tom that he wouldn't even know I was gone and he ended up having a blast! When they got home they were so excited to show us the bag of candy from the piñata. They also said, "Dad you would have LOVED it! The piñata had some of your favorite things inside!" What is that, you ask? Newspaper! hahahahaha! Could five year olds be any funnier?

This morning Tom and Abby woke me up bright and way too early at 7:15 to report that I had lied to them and there certainly was no snow on the ground. Perhaps we missed it. Perhaps it will snow later in the day they thought. None of which came true. Most of Sacramento county saw snow, but we did not. I was just talking on the phone to my mom telling her how upset the twins were that they didn't see any snow. Well, Abby came into the room and Abby gets on the phone and my mom starts telling her about all the snow that fell at Grandma's house. Abby hung her head, fought back tears and then slowly, quietly walked back to her room. I later found her crying on her bed and had to tell her that Grandma didn't really get all that much snow, not enough to even make one snow ball. That's what the twins really wanted was enough snow to have a snowball fight. Looks like we may be going on a trip to Lathrop sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

The Mantha Family said...

Let me know if you go to Lathrop - we could meet you there!