Monday, November 30, 2009

Manic Monday Start

Today was the first day for the twins to head back to school after a 4 week break. They are on the year round system so they get the months of November, March, July and the first half of August off school, instead of the 3 month summer brain drain all at once. So far I like the year round system. I got used to having the kids home with me again and it was nice to just not do anything most days.

I walked in to get the twins from their room around 8:30 this morning and Abby was already in tears. She was upset at some game she and Tom were playing. I don't know the details. I asked them what they wanted for breakfast and Tom told me Abby didn't want any kind of cereal. So I asked her if she wanted a frozen waffle to which she screamed and cried like I was forcing her to eat broccoli for breakfast. She wanted a pancake because we just bought some new syrup. Logical, no?

So off to the kitchen I went to try and figure out how to make a small batch of pancakes as quickly as possible. I cut the recipe in 1/4 to make about 5 small pancakes and that meant it called for 1/2 an egg. Because I know my way around the kitchen I was able to pull this stellar skill off. Of course out of the 5 pancakes I made in record time, Abby ate, ONE. *sigh*

Tom and Abby rode their bikes to school, which meant they also wore their gloves. They've been wearing their newfound favorite gloves all month long while they ride their bikes. Best 50¢ I've spent all year at Target! Once Tom and Abby were in line to get into the classroom this morning though, they started freaking out. What to do with the gloves? Tom panics and hurls his gloves at me from across the sidewalk, hitting a complete stranger. Abby runs to me to hand off her gloves all the while it's far too confusing for them to receive instruction in this panicked state as I'm telling them, "just put the gloves in your backpack!" We'll have to work on this one.

1 comment:

The Mantha Family said...

$.50 for some gloves ... that is awesome! And how do you cut an egg in half?