Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Miss Mary Mack

I was just singing this rhyme to Abby as I was unbuttoning her dress down her back. I only remembered the first verse though. She asked me to sing it again. And again. And "one more time."

Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack,
All dressed in black, black, black,
With silver button, button, buttons,
All down her back, back, back.

She asked her mother, mother, mother,
For fifty cent, cent, cents,
To see the elephant, elephant, elephants,
Jump the fence, fence, fence.

They jumped so high, high, high,
They touched the sky, sky, sky,
And didn't come back, back, back
Till the fourth of July, July, July.

After I was done, Abby asks, what kind of shoes was she wearing? I told her they were probably black with silver buckles. Then she sighed and said, "But I want to know what kind of shoes she was wearing so I can dress just like her!"

2 comments:

whatsherface said...

I remember doing that rhyme in combo with a partnered hand-clapping game, but I didn't know it even had THAT many verses so...sorry I can't help ya out with that last one, LOL.

Very cute about Abby wanting to dress just like Mary Mack, hehe.

The Mantha Family said...

I thought it had some profanity in it. Maybe I'm thinking of Miss Susie had a Steamboat.