Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Did You Hear About Our STORM?

Incase you're living under a rock, we're having a fall storm today in Sacramento. It's big BIG news around here. Seriously. There have been breaking news reports on the TV as well as right now there's a special entire hour dedicated to all these raindrops. Move over Rachael Ray! We've got some rain to talk about! (I'm not kidding)

We are all ok out here in Elk Grove. We even have had our power on all day, which is more than I can say for some of our Sacramento friends. I've been inside most of the day with a dry happy dog. There's the constant sound of whooshing wind gusts and pelting rain against my window but other than that folks, guess what, all is normal.

We had a couple lucky rain breaks today that happened to coincide with drop off and pick up of the twins' school hours. The rain gods must have been looking out for me. Tom did have a little run in with a gust of wind though, he nearly fell over in the parking lot as he was surprised by a gust that hit him from the side. But other than that, we're all safe and sound and happy and warm and dry.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

1 comment:

The Mantha Family said...

We had a visit by some subterranean termites thanks to the storm. Nice. I think they're gone now, but I was very stressed for 2 days.