Saturday, September 05, 2009

Happy Bloggerversary to Me!

I wasn't going to blog today, but then I noticed the date, and I just HAD to! 8 years ago today I started this little thing called an online diary. So it's my anniversary of sorts! It's a good thing I threw a party today. We had Michelle, Tamiko, Jenn, Sophia, Lisa, Kevin, Caroline and Katherine to visit. I made a very special faux pas of serving chicken sandwiches to a vegetarian. I mean, I know it's been 10 years since I saw Lisa, but in my old age, I have absolutely no recollection that she didn't eat meat. We lived together under the same roof for 2 years from 1997-1999. Whoops!

In other news I went to Targets today (that's plural on purpose) to buy the Balance Buddy. What's a Balance Buddy you ask? It's a back saver! You see it's this long handle that attaches to your little one's bike so you don't end up breaking your back holding them up when they insist on riding a two wheeler. Poor Paul had a back ache yesterday from trying to teach Tom how to ride. So today I woke to find an email from a preschool mom friend that said her older son had great success with this gadget.

We went to Target #1 and they were out of stock. Lucky for me 3 miles up the road there is Target #2 and they had 2 in stock! When Abby got out of the car she was holding her imaginary kitten. She carefully put kitty cat on a leash and walked her into the store. The whole time Tom is saying, "NO ABBY! You left your cat in the car! I want you to leave your cat in the car." So I had Tom on one side of me and I'm whispering, "fine Tom, the cat's in the car." and all the while Abby's yelling back, "NO TOM! I brought the cat with me on the leash. I want to bring the cat to Target!" So I'm whispering to Abby, "fine Abby, keep your cat on the leash." This went back and forth until we got in the store and they were distracted by all the colors and fluorescent lighting.

4 comments:

Tamiko said...

It was so nice getting to see you guys! Thanks for organizing it and hosting, too! Hope to see you again soon...

Tamiko said...

Oh, and happy bloggerversary to you! I'm so glad you started one so I can stay in touch and know what's going on with you guys...

MamaLlama said...

Glad to hear Abby's imagination is still going strong. Thought it was on the back burner with all the school activity. Sure hope Paul's back recovers soon. The cat conversation was too funny.

The Mantha Family said...

8 years! You were high tech, weren't you!