Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Expensive Spiderman!

On Monday I found myself at Wal Mart while the twins were in school. I hadn't planned on staying long, but that all changed when I got to the boys department.

Tom's been asking me why he doesn't have any Spiderman toys. He really likes Spiderman now so when I'm out and about I try and look for things here and there to feed his newfound obsession. As I was cruising around Wal Mart I found a t-shirt with Spiderman on it. There were 4 or 5 hanging together and none of them had a price tag on it. Most of the time Wal Mart's character tee's are a whopping $7. I just wanted to find a similar shirt, no matter what size, that had a price tag on it. I didn't want to be the one that held up the line at the cashier as the employees scrambled to price my item.

Well luck would have it as I was hunting the racks and not finding what I needed the gal pricing all the clearance items was there with a big cart and lots of electronic equipment. I asked her if she could find a price for my shirt and she said, "oh, I set those aside because I couldn't find a price on them. Let me go get my stuff."

Well I waited and shopped and waited some more, not wanting to travel far from the area I had found her, but soon I got pretty bored. Yup, TEN minutes had gone by. Did she go to lunch? Did she get lost? Go home? What happened to her and her "stuff?" 30 minutes later, yes, THIRTY minutes later, she emerged from the big back room with a box full of "stuff" but no answers.

We walked our way back to the boys department together and then what does she do? She starts hunting the racks for a similar shirt with a price tag on it. Hello! It's not there! Finally she came to the same conclusion as I, there were no priced shirts of this type. Luck would have it, about this time her manager came by and they quickly decided on $3. I waited a half hour for a $3 shirt? I'm not sure if I should be happy or annoyed.

So get this. The manager lady calls the cashier area to report that I'll be walking up there with a Spiderman shirt and they are to charge me $3 for it. Except I don't know who she called because I had to explain the whole situation to my cashier. She happily charged me $3 and once I told her the whole story she told me she should have given me an additional discount because I had to wait so long.

In the end, I think Tom will be happy to get this $3 shirt for his birthday.

2 comments:

whatsherface said...

I can't believe you went to walmart. Traitor.

;-)

The Mantha Family said...

Typical WalMart.

They didn't have the hat at our WalMart. The guy I asked said they don't carry them anymore.