Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kindergarten Day 2

I picked the twins up from school and they were bursting at the seams to tell me all about their day. Mostly they repeated the same thing over and over. They got to go to the library and Tom wanted to switch books with Abby, but Abby insisted that Ms. Whitt did not tell them they could switch books, so she kept her books about animals' eyes and he kept "Where the Wild Things Are," much to his dismay.

On the bike ride home Abby started telling me about a girl in her class. She says, "She lives in Elk Grove too! And she wants to know if she can come over to our house and play sometime. Can she come over and play?" I asked Abby what her name was and she says, "Well I don't know her name, but she was wearing a blue shirt. A blue shirt with pom poms on it. When I get home I'll draw a picture of her so you know what she looks like. I don't know what color her skin is, so I'll just draw whatever I like. Can she come over and play?" Sure, honey.

That's pretty much it. They are eating "lunch" now, at 3PM since they hardly touched their snack at school. Their snack which I take so much time to prepare and make sure they have tons of food to choose from, and they didn't eat hardly any of it! Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Sounds like so much fun! I am starting to get excited about the girls starting Kindergarten next year. It should be fun.

Karen said...

It's so fun to read about their kinder adventures! It sounds like they are really enjoying it. How's mom doing?

Tamiko said...

That's great that they love telling you about their day. Cherish that, because they will soon give just noncommittal answers to your questions! Yes, how are YOU doing with it all?

Chipmunk Chatter said...

I am glad to hear that they don't eat much at school either b/c Hannah doesn't eat much at preschool. I guess they are too busy to eat lunch. I constantly have to give her pep talk in the morning to tell her that she is going to eat her lunch today...and I have told the teachers to keep an eye on her, don't know if they do that in kindergarten though. :)

The Mantha Family said...

That is so sweet that Abby made her first friend in elementary school. Good times!