Monday, June 15, 2009

Mario Kart, Wii!

Tom adores the Mario Kart game on our Wii system. If you're not familiar with it, it's a hand held wireless steering wheel and you drive your character through a race course. If I let him, he would play every day all day. We let the twins play video games about 3 times a week for a half hour. Considering they are already watching a movie every day for about 90 minutes, that's plenty of time on the boob tube!

The thing is, he's actually quite good at winning! I'm not sure how he does it, but he comes in first place all the time! Last night, Paul was watching the instant replay of his race, and even though he came in first place, he drove like a maniac with random right turns and left turns on straight away's, bouncing off walls and crashing into medians.

Tom's had far more practice than I have and I know there are levels of difficulty and of course he plays on the easiest mode, but when I pick up that steering wheel I come in no better than 12th (last) place. Must be a boy thing, to be good at video games, because Abby and I have the same fate, while Paul and Tom win every time!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Mario Party 8 is the boys favorite. I bet they would love the racing one! They too would play all day, every day if given the chance!