Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Little Fibbers

I have lying twins! They totally lied to me today. I told them around 11AM to pick up the teeny tiny beads they had strewn ALL OVER my living room floor and by 12:30 they were STILL complaining that it was too much work. Well I sat down to do my treatments around 1PM and told them to come into my room when they were done. They came in around 1:15 and told me they were all done and ready to watch some videos on the computer. I believed them and sent them on their way. It wasn't until 2:30, when they were sound asleep for their nap that I had a chance to get back into the living room and what did I find? A BIG mess! They totally lied to me and did not pick up their beads.

So during their nap I got on my hands and knees, picked up all the beads and hid them in a cabinet. When they woke up I asked them why they lied to me. Once again, they said it was too big of a mess and they needed my help. Keep in mind they have made and cleaned this mess numerous times on their own in the last month. They love these beads! Anyway, I told them lying to mommy is not ok and they had to sit in a timeout. I also told them they won't be seeing their beads for a very long time, not until they are ready to be able to pick up their messes. I feel so bad. Abby really cried when I told her to go to a time out. Then I just told them no more lying to mommy. I hope this mad an impression! We'll see....

3 comments:

Amy said...

sneaky babies!!!!!!!!

Hopefully it does teach them that lying is bad. Better to learn on a seemingly "unimportant" lesson than to have to learn with a MAJOR one!!

HUGS to you mommy!

The Mantha Family said...

Sounds like you handled it perfectly! It is sad when the kids are unhappy, but this is for a good reason. Good job Tara!

Andrea said...

Are your kids like mine? Brayden would have cried too and been truly upset by what happened. Ryan, on the other hand, would have probably been a little upset, but shortly after had no remorse at all!! It sometimes amazes me how different twins personalities can be!!