Saturday, June 13, 2009

Down With Pub.L. 103-160

I learned something today that I didn't know before.

When I was 17 Congress passed the military "Don't ask, don't tell" law. But did you know what that law means? I always thought it meant, "ok, if you're gay, you're gay, I'm not going to make you feel uncomfortable about it."

That's not what it means at all. What it means is, if the military finds you to be openly gay and serving your country you are FIRED! Fired from your JOB! How ridiculous is that?

Being gay is a divine right. You are gay or you're not. It's that simple. How could you be fired for it?

Anyway, I heard rumors The Obama is going to abolish this ridiculous law. I'm glad my children will be growing up in an equal opportunity country some day... (remember we still have Prop H8te to abolish as well.)

I've always stood for equality in everything that I do. I'm about fairness and respect. That's how I'm raising my children and it just boggles my mind that hate still exists in this world today. In the free US of A of all places! Grow up and love one another already!

2 comments:

whatsherface said...

A-MEN.

You know, one thing I noticed about you very early on is your complete lack of judgment towards others. Live and let live seems to be your motto and it is beyond impressive to me.

I wish there were more people like you out there, who were able to embrace everyone equally. I truly admire you.

hip hip, hazzah!!

Amy said...

Amen cyster!!!!!!!!