Friday, April 03, 2009

Spring Break Day 7 of 16!

I took the twins to East Portal Park this morning in Sacramento. Even though it was a 25 minute drive it was kinda the half way meeting point for Karen and I. I got to meet 8 week old baby Miles, who slept the whole time and re-meet 2.5 year old Jack, who I haven't seen in over 2 years! Jack and the twins had fun climbing around on the equipment, despite the wind.

I tell ya, we are SO SPOILED here in California. If it weren't for setting up this playdate weeks ago, I never would have ventured outside in this weather. Sure it was clear and sunny, but the wind! Whoo Whee! I can't really complain, it was a nice 60 degrees in the sun, but still, it was so windy! Of course the kids didn't care. We had a great picnic lunch and even stayed at the park an hour after Jack had to leave.

Here is Abby, Jack and Karen (holding baby Miles). Abby dressed herself today. She wanted to wear her new Easter dress, that I had just washed and I told her the park was dirty and cold and she couldn't wear it. The tears didn't last long, when she found last year's Easter dress hanging in her closet. We added a long sleeve shirt, some pants and a jacket, but hey, whatever floats her boat!




This is a blurry picture of Tom jumping off the play structure. He told me that this was his super hero move.



On the way home in the car I overheard Tom and Abby talking about our world.

TOM: Abby, this is a special world. Do you know why?

ABBY: No.

TOM: Because it's the only world with people on it. Mom, the world is round, isn't it?

ME: Yes.

TOM: Well I guess some people have to live upside down because they live on the other side of the world near the hot lava.

Maybe I should invest in some more geography books.

5 comments:

PxT said...

Just wait until he figures out that there are also dragons near the hot lava parts!

Devin said...

The twins are so insightful!

whatsherface said...

Superhero move, LOL - love it!

I also REALLY love that you let Abby pick her own clothes, whether they match or include pants AND a dress or whatEVER - I think it's awesome that you let your kids be just exactly who they are. :)

On the wind: man it was ridiculous today. I nearly lost my foot in a wind-slamming-the-car-door-shut incident, LOL!

Tamiko said...

I'm glad you got to see Karen, Jack and meet Miles! I still haven't met him yet. :( That wind was crazy, but thankfully it died down this weekend. We are a bit spoiled in CA!

The Mantha Family said...

I think Abby looks beautiful in her dress!