Wednesday, March 04, 2009

No Doubt

Today we were driving home from preschool and Tom used the word "doubt". I think he picked this one up at preschool because he said, "I doubt we will have to do cartwheels on our field trip tomorrow. And Miss Pahla doubts we will have to do cartwheels on our field trip tomorrow. She doubts it."

Then you hear Abby almost cry in the background, "I CAN'T do a cartwheel." So Tom goes on to say, "Abby, Abby, Abby, doubt means you don't think so. So I don't think we are going to have to do cartwheels on our field trip tomorrow."

They are going on a field trip to a dance studio tomorrow. i don't know where they got it in their head that there would be cartwheels involved. Abby was really looking forward to dancing until she somehow got it in her head today there were cartwheels involved.

In other news, the twins have new underwear! I went out on Monday and re-stocked their underwear drawer full of new underwear in their favorite characters. It was about time, since I hadn't bought them new underwear in two years since they started wearing it! Abby has a bunch of princess underwear and Tom got lucky with a multipack that had Buzz Lightyear, McQueen, The Incredibles, Wall-E, and a fifth character that I can't seem to remember right now. He has informed me that he will never wear the incredibles underwear, so into the diaper bag those will go as spares! He said that last time about some other pairs he had and he eventually ended up wearing them anyway. In fact they became a favorite!

As soon as I brought the twins home from school on Monday we unpacked the underwear. Abby spread hers out on the living room floor one by one and then neatly stacked them up to be put away. Tom on the other hand, ripped into both packages, picked the pair he wanted (Wall-E) and then stripped down to try them on. He grabbed his bottom and bent over and kept telling me how wonderful and better they felt than the other pairs I MADE him wear before. And that my friends is how you get two happy campers! They've been talking about their underwear for three days now and showing everyone that will look!

4 comments:

Amy said...

OMG that is freaking hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatsherface said...

hahaha - I think it's time for ME to invest in some new undies, too. Mine are getting a bit holy (and by that I don't mean blessed).

Carrie said...

Oh, how cute!!! The little things that make kids happy!

Tamiko said...

We'll only have to worry if your kids continue to show people their underwear 15 years from now. And, speaking of 15 years, can you believe we've known each other that long?! WOW!