Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lemon Hunt

These kids never cease to make me laugh. Abby was watching a documentary this morning. At some point "Dave" ate a lemon, so Abby got it in her head this morning that she MUST have a lemon. I told her most people don't eat lemons like that, but that didn't matter. She wanted to try it.

So off we went, all three of us to our local grocery store on the lemon hunt. I couldn't find any organic lemons so I decided not to buy a whole lot because I couldn't make lemonade with them anyway. Not the way I wanted to make lemonade anyway, peels and all! Better than buying just one lemon I found Sunkist "baby lemons". I knew it was going to end up in the trash anyway, so why pay for a whole lemon?!

Abby was so excited to try her lemon she could barely get in the house and wash her hands fast enough. Here she is, holding the lemon. Can you stand the excitement in her face?



And the lick:



Oooooh, it's sour!



She looked so pathetically disappointed afterwards.



She explained her disappointment and said that she thought it would be as tasty as "Dave's" lemon on her movie. She gets an A+ for trying though!

3 comments:

PxT said...

Next up: bite an onion!

Tamiko said...

That's too funny! The picture of Tom in one of the posts a couple before this one looks like he's the one who ate the lemon!

MamaLlama said...

Aunty Joann liked to eat a slice of lemon as a youngster,no kidding. Maybe Abby will enjoy them as a garnish in her drink someday and grated lemon peel is a wonderful addition to brighten up lots of recipes.