Sunday, March 15, 2009

Inaugural Bi-Monthly Rotating Dinner Party

Last night Paul and I hosted dinner for a bunch of friends. We're going to make a bi-monthly event of this, rotating the host every time. I think we kicked it off pretty good with some carne on the grill and chicken tacos too. There was a bit of a hiccup in the afternoon when Abby woke from her nap very very sick, pukey sick, like Tom and I were last week. Poor little doll was not a happy camper the whole night.

I panicked and called all of the guests to let them know what was going on. We had way too much good food to let it go to waste! I just had to disclose Abby's illness, but as Nicole put it, "What do you think? Her germs are going to jump off of her onto me?" It's just so hard for me as a cystic to NOT think about virus' as life altering. I quarantined Abby to my room on the bed the whole time anyway. She was in no condition to get up and party and spread her germs.

Abby is finally ok this evening and she has demanded that we take her to The Habit for dinner. Being the suckers that we are, and that she hasn't had anything to eat in a day and a half, we are going to spoil her (and us). She actually said, "I introduce that we go to the Habit for dinner because we haven't been there in a very very long time." How could we say no?

Pictures from our dinner party can be found here.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Glad she is feeling better.

We started doing dinner with friends about a year ago.... we get together every other month as long as our schedules allow. We take turn cooking and hosting. The other family last time made Indian food and this time I am making Mexican.

Anonymous said...

Glad all's on the upswing. Never heard of that place; sounds good though. Denny's (whee) was my normal haunt. See you back in cf2 again.

cory

The Mantha Family said...

That is such a great idea - looks like fun!