Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Home at Last

We wrapped up our visit at the Pez Convention on Sunday morning. The drive home was uneventful. At one point it was nap time and we were trying to tell the twins if they fell asleep we'd be home when they woke up 2 hours later. Tom insisted that he sleep with his eyes open all nap times and all night times. 5 minutes later he was passed out, with his eyes shut. Shhhh, don't tell him!

On Saturday night before we left the convention I got to meet up with one of my college buddies, Allyson. It'd been so long since we met up in person, 3 years we think! It's bizarre to think I haven't seen her in 3 years, yet we were roommates at one point in our lives. But she's down in Los Angeles while I'm way up north near Sacramento. Times have changed!



On Monday morning I loaded the twins up in the car and met Beth and Thom at the Sacramento Railroad Museum with the twins for a couple hours of train fun! When I told Abby where we were going she burst into tears and claimed she didn't like driving on the freeway. I assured her I would drive safely and slowly and she agreed to come along. Beth and Thom had never met the twins before. I think they hit it off, though the twins were shy at first of course!

After playing for awhile at the Thomas the Tank Engine tables Abby decided she wanted to see the big life size trains. Tom wanted to stay and play with the tiny trains so Thom and I sat to talk and let Tom play while Beth took Abby downstairs to the museum. Not a minute goes by, I look up and my Tom is GONE! I knew he'd run off to catch up with Beth and Abby but I wasn't sure he actually found them. I never saw him leave! Thom was so calm and after a couple frantic minutes of trying to figure out who was going to stay and wait for my Tom to come back and who was going to go look for Beth, Thom spotted all three of them down below in the museum. Crisis averted!

1 comment:

The Mantha Family said...

The Pez convention sounds like a lot of fun, and a nice tradition to have. I have newfound respect for Pez ... and I do like the candy (I think you've mentioned before that you don't). Glad your trip to Southern CA went well!