Friday, February 20, 2009

Goodie Bags

The twins missed valentine's day celebrations in class last week so when we finally returned back to school after our long weekend this Wednesday we were greeted with a bag full of goodies all their classmates passed out to them last week. They tore into the bags right away in the car after class. There were valentines, pencils, candy and more candy, and a couple of stamps.

At nap time the twins somehow convinced me to let these goodie bags "watch" them while they slept. I should have known better! I didn't hear them right when they woke up, and really didn't think they'd tear into the candy without permission, not my children! But I was wrong. Oh so wrong!

I walk into their room after nap time and there are candy wrappers everywhere all over the floor. Not only that but they had busted into the stamps. They stamped ink all over their faces, bellies, legs and feet. Unfortunately for me, they also sit with their feet underneath themselves, so the ink on the tops of their feet got rubbed into my clean carpet. Thank god for Folex! This carpet cleaner is the best. I've used it to get toothpaste, diaper cream and now ink stains off the carpet.




3 comments:

Princess Talana said...

ROFL... I love your kids!

MamaLlama said...

Can't believe you fell for the let the bags watch over us while we nap.

The Mantha Family said...

You should find out which mom let her kid bring stamps for Valentine's - that's just asking for trouble!