Sunday, January 25, 2009

RIP Bridget (1976-2009)

Bridget and I met 20 years ago at CF camp and this morning, sadly, she took her last breath. We were best friends through Jr. High and High School. I still have my half of the necklace.



We didn't see each other as much as adults but always kept in touch. I believe this photo was one of our last visits together in July 2007. Notice the strategically placed non-CFer between us for cross infection, her loving boyfriend, George.

I will miss you Bridget. Breathe easy.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Awe I am so sorry to hear this Tara!

Breathe Easy Bridget!

<3

whatsherface said...

Tara, I'm so sorry. It feels like a punch in the stomach every time it happens, but when it's someone you know and loved, it must be unbearable. I'll be thinking about you. *hugs*

Piper said...

I'm sorry, Tara. Will send out some good thoughts and vibes for both you and her family.

Chipmunk Chatter said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend Tara. Call me if you need anything or want to talk.

Anonymous said...

I know you've likely gone through this drill quite a bit, but it's painful, especially that close of a friend. What a shame. She was lucky to have you though.

cory

Anonymous said...

Oh Tara, I'm so sorry! I'll say a prayer for her family, and of course, for you. <3

Andee

Jessica said...

Tara,

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, Bridget. Please let me know if you need anything.

Jessica

Carrie said...

So very sorry. This just is icky when it happens.

The Mantha Family said...

Tara, I am very sorry to hear about your friend's passing. I'm sure she knew you loved her and she was lucky to have you.

MamaLlama said...

Tara, I am so sorry to hear this news of your dear friend Bridget. I am grateful for the time she spent in our home and your visits to her family in addition to the CF summer camps. My prayers are with you and her loving family.