Friday, January 16, 2009

Cancun

Cancun. What a lovely place to visit in January! The sun was warm, the pool was refreshing and the drinks were a plenty! Our days went a little like this:

Wake
Enjoy the all you can eat breakfast buffet
Apply sunscreen (and for a family of four translucent types... this could take 40 minutes...)
Hit the pool and/or the beach
Drink something fruity
Stuff ourselves at lunch
More fun in the sun
Siesta!
Bathe and dress for dinner
Catch a live show and/or head to bed to start all over again!

We stayed in a little town called Puerto Morelos, which is near Cancun, Mexico. The resort was amazing. No matter what time of day, no matter where you were (inside or outside) there was always someone cleaning the sparkling clean floors, doors and windows. I never saw a piece of trash floating around.

The twins loved the pool and the beach. Although I think Abby's favorite part were the restaurants. During our last meal there, it was just her and I eating some pizza and she was asking when we were coming back. I assumed she mean, to Mexico but she just meant to THIS restaurant! Apparently she liked all the food! Tom on the other hand ate nothing but coco crispies, chips and crackers. No, I'm not joking. He ate the cereal for breakfast and the chips and saltine crackers for lunch and dinner. ALL EIGHT DAYS! I'm pretty sure he's the pickiest child on the planet. Do you have a pickier eater??? I didn't think so.

We pretty much planted ourselves at the resort. However on one of the first nights Paul and I escaped in a cab to the Hilton in the Hotel Zone in Cancun so we could meet up with John and Fran for dinner. It was ultra yummy and fun to have a night away from the kids. The benefits of traveling with grandparents I guess! The last two nights Paul and I had date nights at the different onsite restaurants and we shipped the twins off to my mom and to his parents for the evening. I think they enjoyed the variety of sleeping arrangements!

John also rented a big car for all of us to go shopping one day. It only had 8 seats, and there were 9 of us, but we let the twins share a seat belt. (no car seat *gasp!*) I know, I know, I was a little freaked out about it, but they were fine. The shopping was super fun and I loved bargaining for a better price! I bought Abby the most adorable pink dress. I'm sure there's a picture of it... speaking of PICTURES! There you go. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Three words come to mind: amazing, beautiful, jealous! It looks (and sounds) like you had an amazing time. The resort and beach were beautiful. And I am sooo jealous because the high here today was 2 degrees!!! :-)

The Mantha Family said...

Those pictures are amazing! I love the pictures of the kids at a couple different bars, I'll have to show those to Srikant - he'll be proud! It looks like you guys had so much fun, and I didn't realize your parents were going too - that is really special that you could all get away together and relax. Glad you had a fantastic time!

Tamiko said...

Your trip looked fabulous...I loved the pictures and am mentally planning my own vacation there. Ahhhh!