Saturday, November 01, 2008

Spoooooky Halloween!

Tom and Abby had such a blast on Halloween.

We started out the day getting ready for Preschool. They were tickled pink to be able to wear their costumes to school. Incase you haven't been paying attention, they were both witches for Halloween. Yes, both of them. My son wore a dress all day yesterday and loved every minute of it.

They had a costume party at school complete with games and of course, cookies!

I had grand plans for the rest of the day. I WAS going to go to the city of Davis and trick or treat during the afternoon. BUT that is a 40 minute drive and I was quite tired. So I gave that up for my nap. Then I WAS going to hit up the old town of Franklin. Downtown Franklin is about 2.5 miles from my house. It consists of about 7 buildings. 4 of the businesses were handing out candy until 4PM. Well, we didn't make that one either.

So instead I went with lazy plan C, which was stay home, cook dinner and go trick or treating around our own neighborhood. The kids were ready to go just as the sun went down around 6:15, so off we went! They were bouncing around the house beforehand telling me why Halloween is their favorite holiday. Tom was giddy with excitement because for some reason he was misinformed that he could stay up ALL NIGHT LONG! I think he just meant that he was going to be outside in the dark, something that rarely happens!

We hit up a good 20 houses at least. I got good and winded, which is totally lame since we were walking at a snails pace. So i went home early to pass out candy and then get my treatments started once the munchkins got home. They hurried through their bath and gave up story time so they could pass out more candy. Unfortunately because it then started raining, there were few trick or treaters. They had a good time anyway, and ended up going to be earlier than normal... which made for a lovely wake up call at 6:30 this morning. And today we set our clocks back? I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's wake up call.



4 comments:

MamaLlama said...

Well one good thing you do get n extra hour of sleep tonight, something to look forward to anyway. Glad they had so much fun. Hope you missed the raindrops.

Carrie said...

Cute costumes!!

Courtney said...

Cute, I love it!

Anonymous said...

They both made very cute witches!

Tina