Monday, October 27, 2008

You Should Close The Box!

The funniest thing just happened.

Embarrassingly enough, I have a medium sized moving box in my bedroom. That in itself is not too terrible, but it's been there for two years. When we first moved here, it was in the garage. Then one fall day I needed the twins winter clothes, so I had Paul pull the box down out of the garage. It hasn't left my room since.

Twice a year I empty the box and fill it with the twins' unseasonal clothes. Yesterday I removed all their winter clothes from last year but I didn't go through their closets and fill it with the summer clothes they don't need anymore. So the box is sitting mostly empty in my bedroom.

I'm sitting on my bed finishing up my treatments and the twins are playing football. Abby took a break and went to go sit on the box. She backed up to it and before I knew what happened, her feet, arms and head were the only thing I could see. Her bottom was all the way in the box. Then she started crying saying, "you should close the box!" She didn't know the box was empty and didn't realize she was going to fall into an empty hole.

I think it's time to move the box.

4 comments:

MamaLlama said...

Well the bottom fell out of her world today, sorry could not resist. Children do have a way of getting you to complete those chores laying around. Guess you could say I was just trying to surprise you.

PxT said...

What, no picture?

Carrie said...

My son did that once.... scared him at first and then it became a game... till the box got destroyed.

We have boxes in various parts of the house since we thought we might be moving.... I will need to get everything put away. I have 4 weeks until Thanksgiving.... my box putting away goal.

whatsherface said...

That happened to me once...except the box was a toilet.