Saturday, October 11, 2008

Everyone's Back to Normal (almost!)

Thanks for all the concern about Abigail. She is doing wonderful, still hasn't noticed that she had 5 shots on Wednesday. She was a little protective of the ballooning arm, but not one change in her personality. The arm looks better as of last night, I haven't seen her this morning. But last night the swelling was down and the redness was decreasing. Her arm is still piping hot where the redness remained, but she didn't seem to mind as she was wrestling Tom and playing tackle football yesterday.

I got my flu shot yesterday. Yippee! And I can't even feel any soreness this morning. Woot! It turns out for the first time ever I didn't need an appointment for my flu shot. I switched my doctors and all I had to do was show up in the office and ask for one. Boy did I pick the right day! It turns out this office doesn't have patient appointments every other friday. The waiting room was empty and the staff doesn't even wear professional clothing! It was so casual. The the shot itself looked micromini. I hope I got all the virus and eggs I needed to ward off this yucky upcoming flu season in that tiny little syringe. I've noticed over the years that if you massage the IM shot area directly after the injection, for about 20 minutes you won't have that stiffness/soreness at all. I've been using that trick for years and viola! It worked again.

In other news I had some really weird dreams last night. Not only did I wake up suffocating, which is weird in itself because I wear my oxygen every single night, but I was dreaming about being called into this tiny 1 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment of the Jolie-Pitt's to help potty train their son! This is also more weird due to the fact that my 4 year old son needs to wear diapers at night so I'm obviously the right person to call! Ah... the glamorous life of a stay at home mom.

2 comments:

Mark and Julie said...

Omgosh, I didn't even notice the hair parting difference until you pointed it out. Now way in heck I would have spent time re-parting their hair. They flipped it..... now i'm going to call and find out why :).

The Mantha Family said...

Thanks for the flu shot reminder - I need to get on that and I'll try your trick to reduce soreness.