Saturday, September 06, 2008

Where Have The Twins Gone?

We received a very nice offer from the Sr. Telfords yesterday evening. They wanted to take the twinnies off our hands for 24 hours so I could get some much needed rest. This cold I caught on Tuesday landed itself in my chest on Wednesday. I saw the doctor Thursday and since my FEV1 had not declined very much yet, only down to 1.45 Liters, we decided to hold off on IVs for the moment and see if my inhaled antibiotics will suffice.

So this morning Abby woke us up at 7AM asking us, "if it was breakfast day or not?" There are 14 days in the twins' week because they nap every single day that's the first question Abby asks whether is 4 in the afternoon or 7 in the morning. Sometimes she even insists on eating breakfast at 4 PM.

After breakfast Abby was quietly playing in our bedroom and all of the sudden she jumped up like she had somewhere to be. It must have dawned on her she was going somewhere this morning. She said, "I have to get dressed because we're going to Oma and Papa's today!" And off she went.

After I packed up the twins and Paul was about to load them in the car I got my final hugs and kisses goodbye. Tom whispered in my ear, "We'll see you real soon." Awe!!! Isn't he sweet?

They've been gone for 4 hours and I've already picked up their toys around the house, changed the sheets on my bed and did 3 loads of laundry. I also sanitized their old potty seat and I've listed it on Craigslist for $20. Do you really think someone will pay $20 for a used potty seat? I'll let you know! People always surprise me.

No comments: