Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Potty Training

Say what? Potty training the twins again?

Well, yes, sort of. We have been "day trained" for over a year now. But we still wear diapers when we sleep. I tried underwear last month and let's just say it turned out... wet. Very wet.

We have since moved onto pull ups. I swore against pull ups over a year and a half ago when we started the potty training process. I thought they were glorified diapers. And they are. But now, they seem to be motivation. Pull ups have these "water marks" on the outside of the "diaper" so that when baby wets, the watermarks (flowers for Abby, flags for Tom) go away. Abby is doing wonderful at nap time. We are pottying before nap time, waking up dry and she is so proud of herself. Tom is hit or miss waking up dry and not so dry.

Well last night I came into the twins room at "no talking time" which is about 8:30 PM to take them to the potty one last time before they fell asleep. There Abby was, lying on her back, naked rump up in the air, legs folded over her face and she's saying, "I can't seem to get my pull up to stay on my bottom!" I have no idea how it happened but the sides of the pull up were shredded. They look like they had been mauled by a tiger. It had broken completely off her body and there was no way she could fix it short of using duct tape. Needless to say, we had to get a new pull up.

1 comment:

MamaLlama said...

Sounds like a good plan. Hope they succeed,know they will feel very proud of their achievement.