Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fruit Bars

I love Target. Maybe you haven't heard.

Every time I shop there something new surprises me. Today it was the Target brand Archer Farms. They have these all natural fruit bars with 3 grams of fiber in 140 calories. Although, I'm not sure how natural "natural strawberry flavor" is. It's listed as the second ingredient. Oddly enough, "Apples" is the number one ingredient in my Strawberry Fruit Bars. As a quick snack after preschool it's awesome goodness for the twins. Much more nutritious than "fruit" snacks that don't have an ounce of real fruit in them.

They remind me of the Sun-Rype Fruit Source bars the twins couldn't get enough of last summer when we were in Canada. Sun-Rype doesn't sell them here in the US, but I'm pleased to finally find a replacement! Our list of things to import just got smaller!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fruit source bars have recently been introduced in the US and are available at most Safeway stores.

http://www.sunrypeusa.com/viewproduct_us.php?variety=19

Anonymous said...

Have you tried these? They are yummy and 100% fruit.

http://www.fruitabu.com/

Gina

MamaLlama said...

I am curious, what is the first ingredient then?