Thursday, August 21, 2008

Scavenger Hunt

A couple days ago I took the twins to the grocery store with me. At one point we were on a massive cereal aisle. We were on the lookout for "daddy cereal" which is also known as Raisin Nut Bran. The twins love the crunchy slightly sweet bran flakes and raisins, but they both hand me the almond slivers if they find them in their bowl. Or sometimes they make a milky pile of almond slivers on the table if I'm not nearby.

Anyway, we were meandering down this aisle and I told the twins to be on the lookout for Daddy Cereal. We had all but passed it, unknowingly, when Tom spied it! He pointed and said, "wait, there it is!" But the amazing part of the story is, the shelf it lay on was above his head and the only portion visible was the box top. Granted, there were twenty of them, but they were all lined up with box tops piled on one another. He must have recognized the teeny tiny logo or maybe the color of the top. But he found it! I was impressed.

4 comments:

MamaLlama said...

Tom has always displayed attention to detail in studying people's faces to identify them as friendly known subjects when he spots them again. Pays attention to routes while traveling in car and so a tiny logo was not going to stump him.

Chipmunk Chatter said...

OMG!!! In our house Raisin Nut Bran is called "Mommy Cereal"!! I love that cereal...although not now while I am pg...well its the milk at least that I don't care for right now which is killing me! Anyway Hannah loves to eat "Mommy Cereal" too and she also always picks out the almond slivers and makes a mess of them on the table while eating it if I am not looking.
By the way...very good eye Tom!

PxT said...

Mommy cereal? What kind of crazy backwards house are you running over there?? ;)

The Mantha Family said...

No one in our house eats that kind of cereal, so I guess we're really crazy backwards!