Friday, August 15, 2008

I Hate You NBC!

Dear NBC,

Who ever thought it was a good idea to tape delay the Olympic coverage for those of us on the west coast? Sure we have awesome lives out here in California and we spend 99% of our day catching waves and eating smoothies topped with granola, but come on! Contrary to popular belief, we're not super human. The world does go on around us, in China and on the east coast, and those people talk! Boy do they talk! And they talk to me!

I haven't been able to see one Michael Phelps race without knowing the ending first. Two nights ago I set my Tivo to record your coverage of the Olympics through midnight and as I watched the next morning, the recording ended before the end of the women's gymnastics team finals because you went OVERTIME! Last night I set my Tivo to record the rest of your DELAYED Olympic coverage on NBC. First thing this morning I turn on the TV to get to my Tivo list, but first your journalist opens her big fat mouth before i can even hit my List button and says, "And here we have the gold and silver medalist in the women's olympic all around competition, Nastia Luikun and Shawn Johnson." I frantically hit that list button as fast as I could before you spoiled it for me NBC, but alas you spoiled my Olympics AGAIN.

So what are you going to spoil for me tonight NBC?

2 comments:

Chipmunk Chatter said...

Not to mention the fact that who can stay awake to midnight or 1am every night for 2 weeks to watch the Olympics coverage live and then still function normally the next day?!! I am pissed b/c I am missing it all b/c I cannot possibly stay awake to watch it...it should start like 2-3 hours earlier or start with the good stuff first at 8pm not synchronized diving!

Clamshellmuni said...

Yus.