Saturday, August 02, 2008

Honey, Do We Have Three Kids?

Yes indeed we do. We have the twins of course, but remember our first? That hairy not so little dude that lives in our backyard? Apparently we have to feed him while we're away for the weekend. Who woulda thunk?

So I got this panicked email from Paul on Friday morning. "So, what are we doing with Orion this weekend?" Ummmm, that's a very good question. I'm going to Redwood City for the CFRI Annual Education Conference. Paul is heading to Dairyville for the annual Dairyville Pez Gathering and the twins are being shipped to Grandma's. We forgot about one important family member. Our dog! We forgot to make arrangements for our dog!

So around 8AM on Friday morning we instant messaged a few ideas and I decided to ask our neighbor if he could just feed the poor dog while we're gone. It turns out he could so that was settled quickly, but what a morning. With all the packing and thinking about who/what/where to drop the dog off etc. I can't believe we forgot about him.

2 comments:

Chipmunk Chatter said...

Nice! Poor Orion! Don't worry sometimes I would like to forget about that hairy member of our family too, especially when she doesn't listen and is a pain in the you know what...kind of like she was this morning. :)
I hope you all had a good weekend.

The Mantha Family said...

You were in the Bay Area! I wish I had known. I would have gone to Redwood City to see you!