Friday, August 15, 2008

Dress Up

As I was getting my treatments done this morning I could hear the twins making their usual morning ruckus in their bedroom. They usually tear apart the toy closet and play for an hour before I get them out of their room every morning. I noticed they were unusually quiet, but busy. I couldn't obviously see what was going on, but I could hear them and they were getting along fabulously as most always.

All of the sudden Abby whimpers like she's stuck in something. I thought maybe brother stuffed her in a dresser drawer, or she tried to squeeze through the basketball hoop. But she'd whimper on and off for a few seconds and then go back to regular talking. So I thought, maybe she was role playing with her dolls, as she does quite frequently.

This was not the case however, as the occasional whimpers eventually turned into, "Ow! Ow! Ow! Mooooommmmmmyyyyyy!!!! Wah... wah... wah..." So i set my last nebulizer aside to go see what was the matter. What I found was Abby lying on the bedroom floor, stuffed into a dress she wore for her baptism when she was 5 months old. She couldn't get the dress off, and I couldn't stop laughing. I thought about getting a picture because she looked absolutely ridiculous, but she was visibly frightened like maybe she thought she was stuck in that dress forever. After I pried it off her she sat balled up in my lap crying and shaking.

Note to self, buy dress up clothes for her 4th Birthday.
Second note to self, be prepared. Always carry camera into room at moments like these.

Below is a picture of all 13 pounds of her at 5 months old, when the dress actually fit.

2 comments:

The Mantha Family said...

I wish you had taken your camera in - woul dhave been cute to see the side by side pictures. I bet the dress was very tight on her!

Anonymous said...

Tara, she looked like a little doll in that dress !!! Wheres the pic of her trying it on now ? Poor thing, that would be a little scarey for a 3 yr. old ... but way too funny !!!