Tuesday, July 29, 2008

M&M Ice Cream

Tom, Abby and I sat down together after lunch for dessert. We had M&M Ice Cream Bars. If you haven't tried these yet, you're missing out on the finer things in life.





It's vanilla ice cream coated in M&M crust. Does that make sense? It makes for one yuuuuumy treat! And apparently a little too much for Abby. I thought she finished her treat because she handed me her popsicle stick. There is a joke or M&M fact on each stick and the twins like for me to read it to them. For example Abby's pearl of knowledge today was "How much did M&Ms cost when they were first sold?" and the answer, "five cents!" Stimulating, no?

Well, I read that tidbit to Abby and went to collect her wrapper. Lo and behold there is a gob of mostly melted ice cream in the middle of her wrapper. It's still in the shape of a circle, like she just ate the M&M crust off her ice cream bar and left the middle. I took one glance at her and she says, "oh, I will save that for tomorrow." Ew. Instead I threw it away and assured her, if she wants vanilla ice cream tomorrow she can have some from the carton in the freezer. I guess when you're three it's always a good idea to save your ice cream for later... and store it on the kitchen table.

Totally unrelated, i have a banana peel in my bedroom trash can. Thanks Tom.

2 comments:

Tamiko said...

I'm discovering all kinds of new ice cream at these afternoon treat sessions I take my campers to! Today the ice cream said it was "Jersey Milk" and it had a picture of a cow on it. Oh my...so good, and I don't drink milk! I had to eat it with both groups! :)

Carrie said...

Cute ice bars-- I haven't see those before.

Yummy vanilla ice cream!!