Monday, July 28, 2008

A Kiss Will Make It Better

This morning I was listening to the baby monitor and all of the sudden there was a loud whacking sound and then came the screams and cries from Abby. But after you've been a mom for several years, you can tell the difference between the serious cries and the cries that might subside without mommy intervention. Lucky for me, these were not super serious cries. But she was indeed hurt.

Tom immediately says, "Sorry Abby. Sorry. Maybe you need mommy to kiss it better. Show me where it hurts."

There is a pause in her crying then I hear a kiss. Tom says, "does that feel better?"

More tears from Abby, "Nooooo! Owwwwww, Owwwwww, Owwwwwie!"

Tom sounds puzzled as he says, "Maybe you should stop crying Abby." I can tell he is confused as to why his kiss didn't make it magically better.

Abby continues, "I caaaan't. Owwwwww, owwwwww, owwwwww!"

Then there's another kissing sound, "Does it feel better now?"

"Noooooo!" as Abby continues to sob. Tom continues to soothe her and within another minute or so, the crying stops and the playing continues. Tom is such a good brother! By the time I went into their room, there was no mention of the incident and no visible bruises on my little sugar plum so I just let it be.

2 comments:

The Mantha Family said...

Tom and Abby are so lucky to have each other. Doesn't it just melt your heart that they care for each other so much? You have taught them how to be good, caring, loving people - good job Mom and Dad!

Zoie said...

Good words.