Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I Heart Target

Tom has a little bit of his mama's OCD. He loves to go to Target, but we have to enter the parking lot from a certain direction so he can see the big Target sign on the road. If we don't use that entrance he throws a fit, or so I found out the other day.

Today we used Tom's entrance because it was convenient on our way home from swimming lessons. As we passed "his" sign he sighed with relief, "ah, yup! that's my target!" We parked, picked up a few things and one fit from Abby later, we were out the door. (She reallllly wanted Lucky Charms and I reallllly didn't want to buy them for her. So I didn't.)

There were two bags to carry and of course the twins wanted to each carry a bag. Problem is, the bags were too heavy for them. So as we're leaving I have several boxes of goods in my arms and they are satisfied one item a piece in their now not-so-heavy bags.

As we were making our way to the car I realized I did it again. You see, I have this bad habit of not actually looking at what Target (or any store) is charging me. "That'll be seven thousand dollars ma'am." "Sure thing! Where do I sign?" And on my merry way I go. So I get to the car to find the receipt is indeed, not seven thousand dollars as I had feared, but $22.

All in all it was a good day at Target.

And now for some completely unrelated photos of the twins filling up the hot tub last weekend.



3 comments:

Andrea said...

We heart Target too! Especailly now that we moved and have one about 1/2 mile away! Except the boys call it "the red store".

The Mantha Family said...

Do you use the hot tub hot, or let the kids play in it cold? That would be fun! Love the hats on the kids - Ashley was sitting here with me and started saying "hat, hat." She likes them too!

sixtytwodays said...

What would the world be without Target? When we moved into this subdivision there was a Target "in the works" for the lot that is across from us (the whole subdivision, not my house...OMG HOW GREAT WOULD THAT BE?????). But, for some reason that fell through. I was so excited at the prospect of being able to walk to Target at ANYTIME of the day. Then my husband pointed out two things: 1. we'd have to take the car anyway because how would I carry my many purchases across the street, 2. We'd have to sell this house because my Target-habit would deplete our savings...*sigh*

Oh, and Tom's OCD? Might just be a preschool thing...,Emily is the same way about lots of stuff. She MUST eat from the same plate at every meal. We must always go to the same McDonald's not one in another town...she too sighs with relief when she gets "her" stuff.

Have a great road trip!