Sunday, June 22, 2008

New Jewels!

I've been dying to blog about my new necklace, but I wanted to wait until it arrived so I could photograph it for you at the same time.

On Memorial Day, a blogger I read about was doing a Cystic Fibrosis Foundation fundraiser, donating a portion of the sales that day, and that day only to CF Foundation. So of course I couldn't pass up an opportunity to order myself some custom jewelry, since I don't own anything with Tom and Abby's names on it yet.

Lisa Leonard is the name and she has quite a variety of custom necklaces and other jewelry to choose from. I chose the Mini Open Circle Necklace described under the Something Simple category. And if you're interested in her necklaces but don't see exactly what you're looking for, she'll help you create your own jewelry like she did for Tricia.



Why did it take so long to get here you ask? Don't even get me started about the lovely institution that is the USPS. And then there are the lovely "neighbors." You see my house and a house on the street behind us share the same house number. Granted we are on two completely different streets, but apparently this number sequence is very confusing for our postal carriers. They delivered my package to the wrong house! And I patiently waited for over 10 days. Finally I contacted the jeweler. She confirmed the shipment and had a tracking number. Then I contacted my local post office. It turns out there was a substitute carrier on our route the day it was delivered. So even though the package had MY name and MY address, it went to the wrong house. Brilliant! Not only that but our "neighbors" held onto the package for 8 days for reasons yet to be uncovered. Gotta love the suburbs.

3 comments:

sixtytwodays said...

Hi Tara -

I got the same necklace with the girls' names on it. I love it. I get compliments on it all the time.

Somehow, there was a glitch in my order. Two days after my necklace came, another, identical one came! The order had gone through twice. I contacted Lisa and she was so gracious about it. I didnt have to pay for the second one, and I get to keep it!

I'll be ordering some Christmas and birthday gifts from her!

I really enjoy your blog!

Tami
(izemmom)

MilePost13 said...

Thank you!

The Mantha Family said...

You totally need to TP your neighbors! Not cool at all that they held on to your package. You just say the word and I'll drive up there after Ashley is asleep and we can go a little old fashioned TP job on their house.