Thursday, June 26, 2008

Movie Madness!

Yesterday was a big day in the Telford household. I took the twins to a real live movie theater for the first time ever! And the best part, it was free!

One of their "Little Critter" books talks about a movie theater and all the good stuff that goes along with it like popcorn and candy. They were looking forward to the whole experience including the big screen, loud volume and of course, popcorn! Tom and Abby haven't had popcorn yet because the AAP recommends no popcorn before age 4. Of course I wanted to spoil them, what's a movie without popcorn anyway?

So we get to the theater and and the first stop is concessions, because who doesn't like popcorn and soda first thing in the morning? Much to my surprise the theater did not sell lemonade, as if lemonade wasn't bad enough, they only had soda. Then the teenager at the counter says, "we have Icee's too." Alright, hook us up!

So there we were, quite a sight, with two kiddie popcorn plates, two kiddie drinks, two kiddie candies, two booster seats, two stuffed bears (don't ask), three sweatshirts and a mama coke. Now my free movie total is up to $14.50.

We were there early and had about a half hour to eat...er, I mean, wait. The twins kept asking, when Shrek III was coming on.

Well the movie finally started and the twins had fun. Tom kept handing me popcorn kernel skin. You know, sometimes you feel the skin of a kernel in your mouth. Well he was sitting on the other side of Abby, so two seats away, and every once in awhile across came his arm and he'd hand me the kernel skin. Yum! Then in the middle of the movie they talk about babies. Tom speaks up and says, "MOM, WHEN WERE YOU A BABY?" I whisper, "a long time ago." He says, "OH, WHEN DADDY WAS A BABY?" My reply, a very soft, "yes." "WHAT TUMMY WAS DADDY IN?" I quietly lean across Abby, "he was in Oma's tummy, now, shhhhh." with my hands to my lips. "OH." It actually wasn't that bad because there were many babies and kids in the theater but I guess we need to work on theater manners!

All in all, the twins did awesome and they had a good time. They stayed in their seat the whole time and I think they can't wait to go back!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

It sounds like so much fun!! I'm glad it worked out so well. We've been to the movies a couple of times and I'm always surprised at how well the kids do!!

Chipmunk Chatter said...

It looks and sounds like they had so much fun. I can't wait to do that with Hannah one of these days. :)

MamaLlama said...

So glad they had a great time for their first big screen experience.

The Mantha Family said...

They look so happy sitting there with their yummy treats in the big theater seats. Did they like the movie? Why no popcorn until 4 - because of choking?

Carrie said...

Hi, Tara!! It's me-mamerth (from CF chat). I saw your website at Nate's blog. I just wanted to say Hello!!

Love your blog!!