Thursday, June 12, 2008

Heat Wave!

So yesterday went a little something like this.

Around 11:30 AM I put the house in lock down bat cave mode, as I do on most summer mornings. I shut the windows, pull the blinds and turn off all the lights. Then I cranked the A/C down to a cool 76. Three hours later the thermostat till read 79, yet all over the house I felt wafts of warm air. At first I paid no mind, thinking it was all in my head. After all, I'd been folding laundry and playing with the twins all morning. I was hot, not the house. So I took a shower (don't ask why it was 2:30 before I showered), got dressed and started sweating. By golly, it IS hot in here! The thermometer on my kitchen counter read 82 degrees and rising! And wouldn't you know it, we had dinner guests arriving any minute to spend the afternoon with us.

I frantically called Paul asking him for advice. He said call our utility company to find out if they are "cycling" air conditioners to save power. Well it turns out SMUD hasn't cycled in SEVEN years! Looks like my A/C is just plain broken. I called Paul back to tell him the bad news. He'd already been looking for the A/C company we found a couple months ago, when we were thinking about being responsible hot climate citizens and having our unit serviced for it's annual checkup. The Bell Brothers were booked for two weeks!

But they were quick to offer me a phone number for the company called Air Rescue. At first I thought, oh, no, with a name like "rescue" this is one of those middle of the night, cost an arm and a leg service companies. So asked what the deal was. She said he is actually one of the Bell brothers that started his own business and when "Bell Brothers" gets busy, they refer to Air Rescue. I decided to keep it all in the family and call Air Rescue. So I placed my call about 3PM. The tech says he JUST had a cancellation and he can be over in 15 minutes! What luck! 30 minutes and $229 later we had cool air whistling throughout the house.(stinking broken compressor, whatever that means) I asked the tech if he was a Bell. He said yes, his two older brothers started the company and he was their technician for 15 years, then once they got bigger and busier, he went into business himself. I found it funny that he is the "little" brother because this man was at least six and a half feet tall, I'm NOT kidding! I felt like a midget standing next to him.

I'm just glad to have my A/C back.

2 comments:

The Mantha Family said...

Oh, what a pain! You were super fortunate that someone came out so soon. Our AC in the town house went out and it took a couple days to get someone to fix it.

MamaLlama said...

You were lucky to get such quick service and the price sounds about right. That happened to me a few years back too.