Monday, June 16, 2008

Finally Father's Day

Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting to talk about Father's Day surprises? Yeah, like two weeks. And in the blogosphere that's an eternity to keep things secret.

So for Father's Day I wanted to take the twins to a portrait studio. Whoulda thunk two weeks in advance was not enough time. All of my recommended studios were booked so I dusted off my Nikon and set out to photograph the twins myself. Since these photographs were to be gifts I thought it'd be nice if the twins weren't wearing play clothes that say things like "LIGHTNING" or "MICKEY" I thought that might kinda ruin the tone of these photos.

So that basically means Tom wouldn't be able to wear red. *gasp!* Short of sedating him for the photo shoot I chose the next best thing. Bribery! Who doesn't love gummy bears at nine in the morning? Unfortunately for me this sent my wild monkey into the giggles and he would not stop doing this:




or this:



or this:



Thank you preschool, where he learned to stretch the sides of his mouth to make his "funny face." About two hours later we did end up with a couple workable photos. And the finished product.... drum roll please....



I love the way the water colors turned out. Tom did the upper right hand side of the matte. He wanted to fill in ALL the white parts. And Abby did the rest. Near the top left, down the side is her "rainbow." I thought the whole project turned out sweet.

And we did get a couple of acceptable solo shots for the wallet too. In my wallet the twins are still babies. Not anymore!





And of course preschool came up with the sweetest Father's Day project as well. Don't you just love Tom's expression? I just about died with laughter when I picked him up from school last week with that card. I was crying! I think we have a class clown in the making. I'm surprised they managed to wrestle him into the shirt and tie!



2 comments:

MamaLlama said...

The photos are so precious and the artwork quite lovely. Tom is becoming quite the ham lately in front of the camera. Abby is sweet as always.

The Mantha Family said...

Lucky Paul - those are wonderful gifts! And you are such a great mom to make sure that the kids have something nice for him!