Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oh Shrubs!

Well I did it. I knew this day would come. Some time in March the twins and I set out to Home Depot to pick out seeds to plant in our garden. We planted and waited. Finally sprouts! Two out of the four plants even began to grow flowers. But not for long. Then came the great heat wave of May 2008. It was over 100 degrees and I locked myself in the comfort of my air conditioned home for a week straight. I didn't even think about the plants at all, not one bit...until this morning. We climbed into our car before preschool and Tom says, "Mommy, why are my plants growing smaller?" Um, you mean dead, son? That's because mommy killed them. I'm sorry, sorta. At least now I don't have to worry about watering them all summer long. Although I kinda said we'd get new ones. This time I'm buying the ones that come pre-flowered. I'm not waiting 7 weeks for them to grow and flower again. Who's got that kind of time?

3 comments:

The Mantha Family said...

Oh no! That is such a bummer! Maybe you should help them grow fake flowers - those don't need water. Maybe throw a pet rock in with them. :-)

raysbrook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark & Julie said...

LOL, this post had me laughing so hard. I can't keep a plant alive to save my life. Oh well....at least you've got a good solution, getting ones that already come all pretty and such.