Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mmmm Eraser, Tasty!

Tom and Abby received goodie bags from a fellow preschooler today. Inside the goodie bag there was a pencil, two tiny erasers and some fruit snacks. It was J's birthday earlier in the month and the whole class had gotten together for a photo, which was also included in the goodie bag.

I strapped Tom and Abby into their car seats, opened the fruit snacks and headed home. I heard Abby from the back seat ask, "can I eat this one mommy?" Thinking she was referring to the fruit snacks, I replied yes. Time went by and Tom asked if he could eat his octopus. I looked back and he was holding up his tiny octopus eraser. I told him no and kept driving. All of the sudden he starts making funny sounds and he's trying to hand me chewed up tiny bits of octopus eraser. It was in a million pieces! And now it was all over my car. It was perhaps the most amusing thing I'd seen all day. The horror on his face when he realized I was right, he shouldn't eat it was too hysterical for words. More time passed and Abby asks, "mommy, when is this flower going to go away?" It dawned on me she ate her tiny eraser shaped like a flower! (which is why Tom ate his octopus, monkey see, monkey do) But instead of spitting hers out she chewed and chewed and chewed for like, 5 minutes! I told her to spit it out but she says, "no, it's gone now." Aaaahhhhh! Kids!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

This is priceless! :-)

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Those crazy kids we all have!

Just wait until they try to erase something with the fruit snacks...

J's Mommy

The Mantha Family said...

Oh no - yuck! So Abby actually ate the eraser?